Spring ’22 Noyce Internship
NSF Noyce Internship Program in Mathematics Education
Sponsored by National Science Foundation grant #1758383
Benefits: Noyce Interns will receive
- early exposure to aspects of mathematics, math education, and STEM careers,
- mentoring from college mathematics professor(s),
- support from the cohort of fellow Noyce Interns, and a
- $500 stipend. The program will also pay all registration & admission fees.
Requirements: Noyce Interns must
- be a college freshman or sophomore at SCCC or LIU Post,
- be interested in majoring and/or teaching in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics),
- and participate in at least 5 of the 7 following activities.
Schedule of Activities (dates to be confirmed)
- Fri 1/28/22 (12p-1:30p): Kickoff meeting (Zoom)
- Fri 2/25/22 (12p-1:30p): “Mindset Mathematics” discussion (Zoom)
- Fri 3/18/22: LIMAÇON Long Island Mathematics Conference
- Fri 4/1/22: Field trip to Museum of Mathematics in NYC and NYC “Math Walk” with special attractions (counts as 2 events)
- Shadow a local teacher or college professor (individually scheduled) and write about the experience
- Fri 4/22/22: Field trip to LIU Post and Internship Finale
- One or two of the above items could be replaced by 12 hours of tutoring
To apply for the Noyce Internship, contact any of the following professors:
- Prof. Jerome, SCCC Grant, email@example.com
- Prof. Kiley, SCCC Ammerman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Koukounas, SCCC Eastern, email@example.com
- Prof. Redden, LIU Post, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Goubeaud, LIU Post, email@example.com
*The locations of many activities have vaccine and booster requirements. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Remark: You are welcome and encouraged to participate in the above activities, even if you are not a Noyce Intern.